Anise seed rolled in sugar and cinnamon cookiesFrom christina90604 9 years ago
- 1 Pound of pure lard shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar shopping list
- 2 Tsp. of anise seed (whole) shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 6 cups of flour shopping list
- 3 Tsp. of baking powder shopping list
- 1 Tsp. of salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup of brandy or sweet wine ( I use wine cooler any flavor works) shopping list
- cinnamon for rolling cookies shopping list
How to make it
- Cream the lard, sugar, and anise seed in a large bowl
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in another large mixing bowl.
- Alternately add flour and brandy or choice to creamed mixture until a stiff dough has formed
- Knead dough and roll to a ¼ to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown (it also depends on your oven it varies)
- Roll in cinnamon sugar while still hot ( I use a big zip lock bag) and shake it up
- Enjoy ! I love to eat them warm