Italian Sausage MeatloafFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 celery rib chopped fine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 carrot chopped fine shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2/3 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chuck shopping list
- 3/4 pound spicy ground pork sausage shopping list
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 large eggs beaten slightly shopping list
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large heavy skillet cook onion, garlic, celery, carrot and scallion in butter over moderate heat.
- Stir constantly for 5 minutes then cover and stir occasionally 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in salt and pepper, Worcestershire and 1/3 cup ketchup then cook 1 minute longer.
- In large bowl combine meats, eggs, bread crumbs, vegetables and parsley.
- Form into a loaf and put into a rectangular baking pan with 2 inch high sides.
- Cover loaf with remaining ketchup then bake meat loaf in oven for 1 hour.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!