Herbed Stuffing CasseroleFrom soprano 7 years ago
- 2 bags herbed dry stuffing shopping list
- sage shopping list
- thyme shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable) shopping list
- 2-4 shallots shopping list
- 8 oz. can mushrooms (pieces and stems) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- lemon juice shopping list
- 1 can water chestnuts, chopped shopping list
- chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Empty bags of stuffing into a large bowl, and add sage and thyme as desired.
- Mince shallots and sauté in olive oil until translucent. Add mushrooms and continue to sauté. Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, cover and let cook for a few minutes.
- Add shallot/mushroom mixture, water chestnuts and walnuts or pecans to stuffing mixture and mix well.
- Add melted butter to bowl and mix well, followed by broth.
- Cover and microwave for 15 minutes at 70% power, then fluff and serve.
- This recipe is very adaptable to what you have on hand or what you like. The last time I made it, I used 1 cup vegetable broth and the liquid from the canned mushrooms. You can substitute minced onions for the shallots, and adjust all the quantities to suit your own taste. Enjoy!
The Cooksoprano Winnetka, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!