Fruit and Brown Rice SaladFrom hurricanelena 9 years ago
- 2 Cups Dried brown rice shopping list
- 4 1/2 Cups water shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- 1 Cup of balsamic vinegar Dressing shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons White sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice (or OJ Concentrate) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 Cup raisins shopping list
- 1/4 dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/4 dried apricots, chopped shopping list
- 1 Small red onion, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Cook brown rice according to directions, usually about 2 cups rice to 4 1/2 cups water and salt for about 45 minutes.
- Mix together dressing, sugar, OJ, and lime juice.
- Combine the dried fruit and onions and set in sauce for about 10 minutes.
- Combine sauce and fruit mixture and rice and stir throughly so all the rice is coated.