Broccoli Cheddar RisottoFrom aoi 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 ½ cups risotto rice shopping list
- ½ cup white wine shopping list
- 2 Tbsp (or less/more, to taste) Dijon mustard shopping list
- 5 cups hot vegetable or chicken stock shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (or more) chopped frozen broccoli, thawed (just set out on the counter while you're cooking) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large nonstick pan, cook the onion in the butter and oil on medium heat until soft.
- Add the rice and cook for a minute or two, until slightly translucent. Raise the heat to medium-high and stir in the wine and mustard.
- Cook a few minutes until the rice absorbs the wine, then add the stock a ladleful at a time. Keep stirring, then add more stock once the first ladleful is absorbed. Keep cooking this way, stirring constantly until the rice is al dente. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the broccoli about halfway through, with a ladleful of stock. That way the veg gets cooked, but not overdone.
- Stir in the cheese when the rice is done. If the risotto seems a little gluey, add a little more stock to make it creamy again.
The Cookaoi Riverview, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!