Tangerine Breakfast RollsFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- ¾ c warm water shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg active dry yeast shopping list
- ½ c milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 c flour shopping list
- 1 c buckwheat flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- ½ c chopped almonds shopping list
- ½ c packed brown sugar shopping list
- zest of 1 tangerine shopping list
- 2 tbsp margarine, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together warm water, yeast and sugar and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add this mixture to a large bowl along with the milk, oil and salt.
- Work in the flours, then turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 6-8 minutes until the dough is smooth and resilient.
- Put into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in volume, an hour or longer.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, punch it down and knead for a few seconds.
- Cover it with a towel and let it rest while you prepare the filling.
- Mix together the cinnamon, ginger, almonds, brown sugar and tangerine zest.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle, brush with the melted margarine and sprinkle the spice/sugar mixture evenly on top.
- Tightly roll up across the length then use a serrated knife to cut the roll into pieces about 1 inch wide.
- Place the pieces flat on a lightly greased baking sheet and cover. Let rise 40 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until they're just starting to brown.