Apple Pecan Chicken Roll-UpsFrom designerliz 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup apple juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup UNCLE BEN'S instant brown rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unpeeled apple shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast ( about 1 lb ) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. In small saucepan, bring apple juice to a boil. Add rice, cover, reduce heat and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in apple, pecans and green onions. Remove from heat.
- 2. Flatten each chicken breast to about 1/4-inch thickness by pounding between two pieces of waxed paper. Place 1/4 of rice mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up, tucking in edges. Secure with toothpicks.
- 3. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned; place un shallow baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- ** For this recipe, choose an apple variety that will retain it's shape when cooked, such as Granny Smith, Golden Delicious or Jonathan.