Broccoli Cheese SoupFrom brznbroad 6 years ago
- 1 large bunch fresh broccoli shopping list
- 2 cups sliced sweet onions shopping list
- 5 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crumbled shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cut florets off the broccoli and divide into bite-size sections. Simmer in lightly salted water for 2 - 3 minutes. Drain and immerse in cold water to stop cooking. Drain again and set aside.
- Cut stalks into small pieces and place in large saucepan. Add sliced onions and 3 tablespoon of the butter to saucepan. Saute over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Add 3 cups chicken broth and oregano to the saucepan and simmer 20 - 25 minutes. Carefully process hot mixture in batches in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly. Stir in mustard and pepper. Alternately stir in the processed mixture and remaining 3 cups of chicken broth. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to bubble. Add the 2 cups cream and 2 cups shreeded cheese and stir until smooth and cheese is melted. Add the broccoli florets and heat through.
The Cookbrznbroad Dewy Rose, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!