Chicken Vegetable RiceFrom cyates798 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon oil shopping list
- 2 clove of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup carrot, julienned shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped shopping list
- heaping 1/2 cup of Basmati or jasmine rice shopping list
- 3/4 cup tomato, diced shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- cracked black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook garlic, celery, onion, carrot and parsley slowly, not to brown, until onion is soft and translucent.
- Stir in rice and tomatoes, cook uncovered for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand another 10 minutes or so, until most liquid is absorbed. Makes about 4-5 servings