Chocolate Fudge CakeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 box devil's food cake mix shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup corn oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- Icing: shopping list
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.
- Butter 3 nonstick 8" cake pans.
- Combine cake mix, water, eggs, oil, sour cream, vanilla and kosher salt in bowl of mixer.
- Beat on low speed until mixture is well blended.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes then stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 25 minutes.
- When cool put icing between layers and on tops and sides of cake.
- To make icing put chocolate chips in metal bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment.
- Combine sugar, milk, butter and kosher salt in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Let boil vigorously for exactly 1 minute.
- Pour the hot sugar mixture over the chocolate then add vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed until mixture begins to thicken to spreading consistency.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!