Turkey Noodle SoupFrom hollydayz 6 years ago
- 3/4 C. frozen peas shopping list
- 1 C. frozen corn or 1 can corn shopping list
- 1C. carrots shopping list
- 3/4 C. Diced onion shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley shopping list
- 1 C. uncooked rice OR shopping list
- 2 C. Uncooked egg noodles shopping list
- As much left over turkey as possible shopping list
How to make it
- Remove as meat from left over turkey as possible and set a side.
- Place turkey bones (with some meat, and andy left over giblets, etc.) in water in a large kettle.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Strain, reserving the broth and throwing out the rest.
- To the broth, add the spices, (bouillon if desired), carrots, celery and onion; simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Peas, Corn, Rice or Noodles and reserved Turkey Meat; Simmer uncovered until Rice or Noodles are tender. (Do Not Over Cook The Noodles or Rice)
- *May adjust Spices to taste.