Shrimp And Tomato BisqueFrom iamericap 8 years ago
- 1 stick of butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion (approx. 1/2 onion) shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery (approx. 2 stalks) shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (Optional) shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can Hunt's Petite diced tomatoes (drained) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Tony Chachere's original creole seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 lb small shrimp (cooked, deveined, shelled and cut in half) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot sauté onion and celery in butter, and cook down until veggies are soft, and start to look slightly clear.
- Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste (optional), and seasonings.
- GRADUALLY add liquids, stirring constantly. Let come to a boil, then turn heat down to simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes or until warmed through.
- Add shrimp and stir. Allow to cook an addition 2-5 minutes until warmed through.