Salmon Vegetable PacketsFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
- 4 4-ounce fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillets, 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- 2 cups thinly bias-sliced carrots shopping list
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 tsp. finely shredded orange peel shopping list
- 2 tsp. snipped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, halved shopping list
- 4 tsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium oranges, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels and set fish aside.
- In a covered small saucepan cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Tear off four 24x18-inch pieces of heavy foil. Fold each in half to make an 18x12-inch rectangle.
- In a large bowl combine carrots, mushrooms, green onions, orange peel, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss gently to combine.
- Divide vegetables among the 4 pieces of foil, placing in center. Place fish on top of vegetables. Drizzle fish with oil.
- Sprinkle lightly with additional salt and pepper; top with orange slices. For each packet, bring together 2 opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold.
- Fold remaining ends to completely enclose food, allowing space for steam to build.
- Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degrees oven about 30 minutes or until carrots are tender and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.