Sweet Potato Soup with Maple SyrupFrom crossfire 7 years ago
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup rinsed siced leeks with tops shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- pinch of ground cloves shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 3 cups peeled sweet potato chunks or 2 cups plain canned pureed sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp maple syrup shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 6 tbsp low fat yogurt or low fat sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium high heat, melt butter and heat oil. Add oion, celery, leeks, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. Saute 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add stock, potatoes, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simer, covered, 20 minutes or until soup is thickene and flavors are bended.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove cinnamon stick. Working in batches if necessary, transfer soup to a blender or food processor, cover, and puree 45 seconds or until smooth. Retrn to pan and stir in syrup and nutmeg. Cook stirring 5 minute or untl heated through. Ladel into bowls and garnish each serving with 1 tbsp yogurt or sour cream.
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!