Stuffed Steak PinwheelsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 8 slices bacon shopping list
- 1-1/4 pound beef flank steak or top round steak shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and well drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme crushed shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat just until brown but not crisp.
- Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Trim fat from steak.
- Score steak by making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals in a diamond pattern.
- Repeat on other side.
- Cut steak in half lengthwise.
- Place a portion of steak between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Working from the center to the edges pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet into a 10x6-inch rectangle.
- Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle steak with 1/4 teaspoon of the lemon-pepper seasoning and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt.
- Arrange 4 bacon slices lengthwise on steak.
- Repeat with the remaining portion of steak.
- Preheat indoor electric grill.
- In a medium bowl combine spinach, bread crumbs, thyme and the remaining lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Spread half of the filling over each portion of steak.
- Starting from a short side roll up each portion into a spiral.
- Secure with wooden toothpicks at 1-inch intervals starting 1/2 inch from one end.
- Cutting between the toothpicks slice each portion into six 1-inch pinwheels.
- On each of six 6-inch skewers thread 2 pinwheels and remove toothpicks.
- Place pinwheels on the grill rack and close lid.
- Grill 16 minutes turning once halfway through grilling.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!