win Dragon Almond CookiesFrom annette092964 6 years ago
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (if you'd rather have a soft cookie "leave out the soda") That goes for any cookie. And you chocolate chip cookie bakers..thats the key to a soft chewy cookie ; ) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup blanched almonds shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup lard (see tidbits below) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 1/8 cup water shopping list
- If you daily allowance of lard will be exceeded by this recipe, feel free to substitute vegetable shortening. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350*F
- 2. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- 3. In a blender, grind 1/2 cup blanched almonds to a fine powder. Add to flour mixture
- 4. Cream the sugar, lard, almond extract, egg and water and add to the dry mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- 5. Form into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- 6. Press one of the remaining almonds nto the center of each ball, while flattening it slightly with fingers.
- 7. Brush each cookie lightly with beaten egg.
- 8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cookies are light brown around edges.
The Cookannette092964 Logansport, U.S.A.
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!