Bruschetta with ChiliSpiced Tuscan Kale and Cannellini BeansFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (preferably strong and spicy) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes or to taste shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves – skinned and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 small bunches Tuscan kale (about 7 oz) – remove stems from mature leaves and tear them in 2” pieces; shopping list
- for young leaves keep the stems and cut leaves in 2” pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup spring water shopping list
- 1–15oz can cannellini beans – drained shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 6 to 8 large country bread slices – 1/2" thick shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove – skinned and left whole shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil as garnish shopping list
- sea salt as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat.
- Add the olive oil, chili pepper flakes and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the kale and sauté for an additional 2 minutes, tossing frequently, until wilted.
- Add the water, toss again, cover the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Braise for 8 to 9 minutes until kale is tender. Add the beans, salt and pepper to taste, toss well, raise heat to high and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until beans are warmed through and all the juices have evaporated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Step 2: Preheat broiler. Toast the bread under broiler on each side until nicely brown and crispy.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Wow... they have a field of kale growing down the road... I wonder if I can get some. This looks wonderful! Love my greens.linebb956 in La Feria loved it
OH YUM! I don't eat enough kale -- but this will keep me going back :) TY, JM :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
You don't waste time...this looks great and pretty easy to make...seemingly..lol, Thankscraners in Coarsegold loved it