Chocolate Tart With Candied CranberriesFrom adacowan 7 years ago
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 tablespoons (about) ice water shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- filling shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 8 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons crème de cassis (black currant-flavored liqueur) shopping list
- candied cranberries shopping list
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray shopping list
- 1 1/2 12-ounce packages frozen cranberries, unthawed shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- For crust: Blend flour, sugar and salt in processor.
- Add butter and cut in, using on/off turns, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add 2 1/2 tablespoons water, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Blend until moist clumps form, adding more water by 1/2 tablespoonfuls if dry.
- Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic; chill at least 2 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Let soften slightly before rolling out.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 13- to 14-inch round.
- Transfer dough to 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom.
- Cut dough overhang to 3/4 inch; fold overhang in and press, forming sides that extend 1/4 inch above top of pan.
- Pierce crust all over with fork. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Bake crust 15 minutes.
- If sides of crust fall, press up with back of fork. Bake crust until beginning to brown, about 15 minutes longer. Cool on rack.
- for filling: Bring cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk until smooth; whisk in liqueur.
- Pour filling into crust. Refrigerate until filling is firm, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- for candied cranberries: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Toss cranberries and sugar in medium bowl to blend.
- Spread out mixture on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
- Using metal spatula, stir berries gently. Bake until berries are thawed and most sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes longer. Cool on sheet 5 minutes.
- Spoon berries atop filling; drizzle with syrup from sheet. Chill 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.)
The Cookadacowan CA
The Rating1 people
This looks so pretty and I love the chocolate part!stacip in Stockton loved it