Pasta with ProsciuttoPeas and TomatoesFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 2 tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 med. onion,halved,pole to pole,halved again and thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 oz. thinlt sliced prosciutto cut into 1/4" strips shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes,packed in juice;tomatoes chopped fine,juice reserved shopping list
- 2c. frozen tiny peas shopping list
- 1/4c. heavy cream shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1lb tubular pasta such as penne or rigatoni shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place a lg. pot of salted water over high heat to boil.
- Meanwhile,place a large saute pan or skillet over medium low heat,add the olive oil. When the oil just starts to ripple,add the onion and prosciutto and saute,stirring often unti the onion is softened not browned,about 7 mins. Add the tomatoes and reserved juice and bring to a simmer. Cook,stirring occasionally until the flavors have melded and the sauce has thickened slightly about 10 mins. Add the peas,stir and cook till the peas are heated thru about 3 mins. Stir in the cream and simmer until thee cream loses it's raw taste,1-2 mins. Taste for seasoning,adding salt as needed.
- When the water is boiling,add the pasta and cook till al dente. Drain pasta and add to sauce. Saute,stirring continually until the pasta is well coated with the sauce. Serve immediately with fresh ground pepper and fresh grated parmesan cheese.