Japanese Chicken And RiceFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 4 pieces or several strips shopping list
- 1/16 Cup(s) oil shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 Cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 Cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 green or red pepper, shopping list
- 1 grated rind of one orange shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon red pepper - crushed shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin - ground shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon oregano - dried shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice - fresh shopping list
- 2 Tablespoon parsley - chopped shopping list
- 4 thin slices orange shopping list
How to make it
- Skin and debone chicken. Heat oil in heavy skillet.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika and roll chicken in mixture. Reserve excess flour.
- Brown chicken in oil. transfer to small baking dish.
- In same oil, saute onion and garlic until soft. Sprinkle in any of the flour
- left over from coating the chicken and stir to blend.
- Stir in the chicken stock and orange juice.
- Add green pepper, orange rind, red peppers, cumin, oregano, lemon juice and parsley. Cook 'til sauce is thick and smooth.
- Pour over chicken. Bake, covered at 375 F for 40 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced oranges and parsley.
- Serve on or alongside a bed of rice and cabbage with carrots.
The Cooklillyann Colorado Springs, CO
The Rating5 people
Really yummy (my boyfriend loved it!) although i was a bit confused about which pepper to use and how long to cook the sauce. My sauce never turned that brown, I wonder what I did wrong :-/
nevertheless, i will be keeping this recipe in my book...morejessicuz in loved it
yumyumyum!jessicuz in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!