Texas Pickled OnionsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
How to make it
- Scald onions for 2 minutes in boiling water then dip into cold water and peel.
- Sprinkle onions with salt then add cold water to cover and let stand for 12 hours or overnight. In the morning drain onions then rinse in cold fresh water and drain again.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, mustard seed and peppercorns then bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Pack onions into clean jars.
- Add 1 small hot pepper and 1 bay leaf to each jar.
- Fill the jars with boiling liquid and seal.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!