Biscuit Topped Chicken PotpieFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
- tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 cups chopped leek shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onions (such as Simply potatoes) shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups chopped roasted chicken breast shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 2/3 cup half-and-half shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat baking mix (such as Bisquick Heart Smart) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk shopping list
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek, shallot, and thyme; sauté 2 minutes. Add potatoes; sauté 2 minutes. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates. Stir in mustard and broth; bring to a boil. Cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken, mixed vegetables, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture and half-and-half to pan. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly spoon baking mix into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine baking mix, milk, and egg in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spoon batter over chicken mixture; spread evenly to cover. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes.