4 Bean and Bacon CasseroleFrom plynnt 7 years ago
- 1 lb. bacon, diced shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1-15 oz. Can dark red kidney beans, drained shopping list
- 1-15 oz. Can butter beans, drained shopping list
- 1-15 oz. Can lima beans, drained shopping list
- 1 Lg. Cans Bush’s baked beans w/maple flavoring, NOT drained shopping list
- ½ Cup Ketcup shopping list
- ¾ Cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tblsp. white vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon until halfway done, add onion. When almost browned, add ground beef and brown thoroughly. Drain fat. Set aside.
- Empty cans of beans into large mixing bowl. Add ketcup, brown sugar, and vinegar. Toss well. Add meat mixture. Toss again.
- Place in baking dish, sprinkle top of casserole lightly with a little more brown sugar. Bake at 350 for approx. 50 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbling.
- It’s best to prepare the night before and let the flavors marry in the refrigerator, then bake the day you serve it.