Quick pasta and sauceFrom thea 5 years ago
- 2 cans Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes shopping list
- 3 hot Italian sausages, skinned and chunked shopping list
- 2 tb olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion sliced and diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic diced fine shopping list
- 4-5 pickled cherry peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- freshly ground papper to taste shopping list
- splash of red wine shopping list
- pasta for 4 shopping list
- Pamesano reggiano grated shopping list
How to make it
- Skin sausages and chop into bite size pices or tear apart if you're in a hurry. Cook over med low heat with 1 tsp olive oil in preheated pan
- Prep onions, garlic and cherry peppers while sausage cooks.
- Open cans of tomatoes.
- Remove sausage and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to pan and cook onions until limp and slighly browned.
- Add garlic. Cook 1 minue more.
- Add salt and pepper to cooked onions and garlic.
- Add sausages and tomatoes. Add chpped pickled peppers to sauce. Simmer for 10,minutes.
- Heat water for pasta, bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente
- Drain, reserve 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Add 1/2 cup cooking water to pan and splash of red wine. Stir.
- Plate pasta. Add sauce and grated cheese.
- Serve with romaine salad, Your choice of dressng, but we like classic oil and vinegar, Warm, crusty Italian bread, A glass of wine would not go amiss.
The Cookthea Las Cruces, NM
- Not added to any groups yet!