Fresh Oysters On The Half ShellFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a blender or food processor, puree shallots with the red wine vinegar until smooth. Set aside.
- To shuck the oysters, rinse the outside of oysters well, but do not scrub. Hold a short, pointed oyster knife in one hand. Cover the hand with a thick glove or cloth, and safely grip the shell in your palm. Insert the point of the blade next to the hinge and twist the knife to pry the shell open. Cut the muscle of the oyster from the top half and discard the top shell. Loosen the muscle from the lower shell with the knife.
- Note: Shucked oysters may be kept, covered with a wet towel, in the refrigerator for up to an hour.
- To serve, arrange the oysters on a bed of crushed ice. Spoon about a teaspoon of the shallot and vinegar mixture over each oyster
- to cover with a thin layer of the tasty sauce. Serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
- Not added to any groups yet!