American Chop SueyFrom tarajean 6 years ago
- 4 strips bacon cut into small pieces (a small packaged of pancetta works as well, and no prep needed) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, diced, shopping list
- 1 bell pepper (green or red or yellow - whatever suits your fancy), cored and diced shopping list
- 1 palmful of your favorite italian seasoning, or your own blend shopping list
- I pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tsps. soy sauce shopping list
- 1tbls worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 cups elbow macaroni shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon for about 2 minutes, or until it renders enough fat to lightly coat the pan
- Add the garlic, onion, bell pepper, and Italian seasoning and cook until the onion just begins to soften. About 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add the beef and saute, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, soy-sauce, Worcestershire, and macaroni.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 14 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve with fresh grated cheese and bread.