Creamy Broccoli Potato SoupFrom mitchki 9 years ago
- 10 oz. package frozen broccoli or one good sized head fresh broccoli shopping list
- 4 medium red or yukon gold potatoes, cut in 1-inch dice shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 stick of butter shopping list
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- fresh or dried herbs (parsley, rosemary, thyme) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low-to-medium heat. Saute onion gently till transparent.
- Add the broth, potatoes, broccoli, salt and pepper and herbs. Simmer until potatoes and broccoli are very tender.
- Let soup cool enough to work with.
- Put soup in a blender or use a stick blender to puree until smooth.
- Reheat soup gently as needed.
- Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with herbs for garnish if desired.