Lemon Asparagus RisottoFrom lyndee 9 years ago
- 50 grams butter shopping list
- 2 medium-sized onions, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 2 cups short grain (risotto) rice shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- · about 3½ - 4 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade and at simmering point shopping list
- ¼ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- ½ cup cream shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- grated rind and juice one lemon shopping list
- 350-500 grams asparagus shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan and cook the onion over a low heat for 10-15 minutes until softened but not coloured. Stir regularly. Add the garlic and cook a further 2 minutes.
- 2. Add the rice and toss over the heat until the rice whitens. Add the wine and stir over a moderately low heat until all the liquid has been absorbed. Then add about ½ the stock and simmer gently, stirring occasionally until the liquid has been absorbed and then repeat with remaining stock.
- 3. While the rice is cooking, trim the asparagus. Cut the bottom 2/3rds of each stem into thin slices and blanch in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Scoop out with a slotted spoon. Blanch the tips for 2-3 minutes and then lift out and set aside.
- 4. Once the rice is cooked and creamy, beat the cream, egg, lemon juice and rind together and stir into the rice with the parmesan. Cover and set aside at the back of the stove for about 2 minutes.
- 5. Stir in the finely sliced asparagus and pile into bowls. Serve garnished with the asparagus tips and a wedge of lemon. .
The Cooklyndee Palmerston North, NZ
The Rating2 people
Asparagus season is here and I made your Lemon Asparagus Risotto. It is very delicious and I rated it a Five. The hint about the egg and cream at the end is a good thing as it makes the risotto so very rich and creamy. Thanks for a great recipe!slevans in Ludlow loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!