Carrot CakeFrom waterlily 6 years ago
- 1 ½ c melted butter shopping list
- 1 ½ c honey shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3 t vanilla extract shopping list
- Grated rind of 1/2 orange or 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 c whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 c unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 ½ cups packed, finely shredded carrot, soaked in about ½ c orange juice shopping list
- ¾ c each raisins and walnuts shopping list
- ½ c poppy seeds (optional) shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease 2 loaf pans or 2 9” round cake pans. Sprinkle the buttered interior of the pans with poppy seeds.
- Beat together the butter, honey, eggs, vanilla & citrus rind in a generously-sized bowl, starting with the butter & honey, then adding the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients twice.
- Gradually mix the flour mixture and the carrot mixture into the butter mixture. Mix the ingredients together gently, taking care not to “overwork” the batter as that will make your cake tough or dry. Divide the batter into the 2 pans and bake. Baking time will vary depending on the type of pan you choose. Round pans will need 25-35 minutes and loaf pans will need 45-55 minutes to bake. Cool the cakes in the pans for 10 minutes, then turn them out to finish cooling. Top with cream cheese frosting!
- For the frosting, In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar and smooth over the cooled carrot cake.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!