Zucchini Carrot CakeFrom angelgirl94 7 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots shopping list
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnut or pecans-optional shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 8oz package cream cheese-softened shopping list
- 1 stick butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- whole or chopped pecans or walnuts for garnish-optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 3 9" cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl,beat eggs and sugar until frothy.
- Gradually beat in oil.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to batter.
- Beat 4 minutes.
- Stir in carrots,zucchini,and nuts(if using).
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cake pulls away slightly from sides of pans and springs back when touched.
- Cool 5 minutes in pans then turn out onto cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Continue beating until sugar is well blended and spreadable.
- Frost cake and garnish with nuts if desired.
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating3 people
Thank you so much Angelgirl!! I made this cake twice this week and the people who tasted it went on and on about how good it was ..."so moist" ", "wonderful taste" the "best of zuchinni and carrot". Everyone wanted the recipe!! I would like to giv...moresuzzles in Sherwood Park loved it
Thank you so much for this one.I love carrot cakes and specily with new ideas.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Thanks ANGEL GIRL
love your combination or carrots and zucchini and spicesmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it