Deep Fried Ice CreamFrom angelamarquardt 5 years ago
- 20oz. chocolate chip ice cream shopping list
- 2 cup 4 grain flake cereal-crushed shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 31/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp water shopping list
- (4) 8" flour tortillas shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying cinnamon suger- for garnish shopping list
- 4 maraschino cherries- for garnish shopping list
- 4 long stemmed glasses for presentation shopping list
- whipped cream-for garnish shopping list
- chocalate sauce-for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Form ice cream into 4 balls. place on baking pan and freeze solid, 2 hours or longer.
- Mix cereal, sugar, and cinnamon. Divide equally between 2 pie plates or other shallow containers.
- Beat eggs with water
- Roll ice cream balls in cereal mixture and press, coating into ice cream well.
- Dip coated ice cream balls into egg wash, then roll in 2nd container of cereal mixture.
- Freeze4-6 hours
- Shape each tortilla into hourglass figures (with narrow waist) by cutting off a curved slice on both sides. One end will be base for ice cream, and other will be a decrotive fan!
- Heay oil in wok, or deep fryer.
- Place tortillas between 2 ladles or spoons od different sizes (smaller laddle on top) place tortilla so the base end is cupped in larger laddle to form a basket for ice cream with the back of tortilla supported by the handle of the larger laddle. Deep fry until crisp.
- Drain, and sprinkle with cinnamon suger. Set aside.
- Deep fry frozen coated ice cream balls 30-45 seconds.
- Place each fried tortilla into a large stemmed glass,with fan part standind vertically above glass. Set fried ice cream in the base in glass, and top with whipped cream, drizzle with choclate sauce, and cherry.
The Cookangelamarquardt Marinette, WI
The Rating2 people
This is a very good one specialy with the egg wash and the cereal coating.I think the ice cream balls should be freezed for a long time for the melting risk.Just great posting.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
This looks absolutely delicious! One question on the chocolate chip icecream...what is 20.? Im going to bookmark this for warmer weather...somehow I can't picture me eating cold icecream when the temp is 8!lol..but omgoodness when that sun comes back...moremichellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!