Complete Buckwheat Pancake MixFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- Dry Mix: shopping list
- 4 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup buckwheat flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup soy flour shopping list
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- ¾ cup solid vegetable shortening shopping list
- *** shopping list
- To Prepare: shopping list
- 1 cup Complete Buckwheat pancake mix shopping list
- ½ cup water (if you have it, make ½ of the still water club soda for extra fluff) shopping list
How to make it
- Measure the whole wheat flour, buckwheat flour, soy flour, dry milk, salt, baking powder and sugar into the large bowl.
- Using a whisk or your hands, combine everything so it's evenly distributed. Mash the shortening into the dry ingredients, until the mixture is the same consistency as coarse cornmeal.
- Transfer the mixture to a resealable container.
- Store on the pantry shelf for about two months, or in the refrigerator or freezer for 6-8 months.
- For 1 batch of pancakes:
- Stir the water and mix together in a small bowl. If the batter seems too thick, then add a bit more water and stir again.
- Drop by ¼ cupfuls onto a hot, well oiled skillet or griddle and cook as usual.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
thank you for a great recipe it is exactly what i have been looking for.pennycandy in Boise loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Comfort Foods775 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Weight Watchers282 members