Mediterranean Mussels PastaFrom chefbake 9 years ago
- 1/4 Cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups white wine shopping list
- salt and pepper to Taste shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic shopping list
- 1 bundel of green onions shopping list
- 4 small tomatoes shopping list
- 1 Cup of Calmata olives shopping list
- 1 Box of Fettucine shopping list
- about 2 lbs of mussels shopping list
- 1/4 of a lemon shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese. shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water for fettucine to a boil in a medium pot. Cook fettucine until el dante.
- Pour wine into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add Mussels to the wine and cook for 5 minutes until opened.
- Drain the Mussels into a bowl collecting the juice.
- Preheat olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Chop vegetables and add to the olive oil. Saute them until cooked.
- Add the juice from the Mussels to the sauteed vegetables but only until you reach the grit at the bottom (throw that out) and simmer until half of the juice is gone.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic, pepper and salt to the vegetables and then the Mussels (with the shell or without) simmer for a few minutes.
- Spoon the mussels and vegetables in sauce over the linguine and enjoy. Top with some parmesan cheese if desired.