RatatouilleFrom cmon68 6 years ago
- 2 large eggplant coarsely chopped shopping list
- 4 zucchini coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 sliced onions shopping list
- 2 chopped garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 large yellow bell peppers seeded and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig shopping list
- 1 fresh thyme sprig shopping list
- 1 tsp coriander seeds crushed shopping list
- 3 skinned seeded and chopped plum tomatoes shopping list
- 8 basil leaves, torn shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put eggplant in colander and sprinkle with salt.
- Place eggplant on plate and put something heavy on top so you can extract the bitter juice. Leave for 30 minutes. (DONT skip this first step I have tried it with out doing it and it tastes TERRIBLE! Better to omit eggplant altogether!:)
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pan and fry onions until softened. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Rinse, drain and dry eggplant.
- Add to pan with peppers increase heat and saute until peppers are just starting to turn brown.
- Add herbs and coriander seeds. Cover the pan and cook gently for 40 minutes
- Add tomatoes and taste. Then add salt and pepper as desired
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Vegetables should be a little soft just not mushy
- Remove herb sprigs
- stir in torn basil
- cool slightly to let flavors set
- Serve however you like.
The Cookcmon68 Windsor, CT
- Not added to any groups yet!