Chicken with Mango Salsa Edamame and Coconut RiceFrom autumn1980 7 years ago
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime rind shopping list
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- Salsa: shopping list
- 1 cup cubed peeled ripe mango shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced red onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper shopping list
- coconut rice: shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut, toasted shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk shopping list
- Remaining ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare sauce, combine first 10 ingredients in a blender; process until well combined. Set aside.
- To prepare salsa, combine mango, red onion, mint, and jalapeño in a medium bowl, tossing to combine.
- To prepare coconut rice, combine rice, coconut, salt, and coconut milk in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring once. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork; keep warm.
- Cook edamame according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from heat, and cut chicken into 1/4-inch slices. Combine chicken and sauce in pan; cook 3 minutes or until done. Serve over rice; top with edamame and salsa.
The Cookautumn1980 Casselberry, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!