Banana Coconut MuffinsFrom hiddenpoet 9 years ago
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas shopping list
- 1 cup shredded flake unsweetened coconut shopping list
- 1 and 1/3 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- heavy pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 stick of melted unsalted butter cooled slightly shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (you can substitute a rum here) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. line muffing tin with papers or grease with butter.
- Peel and mash the bananas, set aside
- Mix dry ingredients, set aside.
- Mix sugar and butter. Add egg and stir. Add vanilla stir again. Mix in the mashed bananas. Add the dry mixture to this in parts. Add 3/4 cup coconut and fold.
- fill the muffin pan or baking cups with mixture. You can use a small ladle or an ice cream scoop for this. i used a tablespoon repeatedly until it was about 3/4 of the way filled. top with remaining coconut flakes.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- When finished baking, you can flip the muffins upside down onto a tea towel to cool, or flip them onto a cooling rack. these are not the type of bulbous muffin you see in the store but i's moist and delicious which you won't find in a store.
The Cookhiddenpoet Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!