Low Cal Bran MuffinsFrom gumby 7 years ago
- 1 c. buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp. bkg. soda shopping list
- 1/4 c. butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 c. applesauce (I use fruit flavored) shopping list
- 1/4 c. Splenda brown sugar blend (or 1/2 c. brown sugar) shopping list
- 1/4 c. molasses shopping list
- 1 egg (or 1/4 c. egg beaters) shopping list
- 1 c. natural bran shopping list
- 1 c. flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 c. craisins, 1 c. fresh blueberries shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. cinnamon, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Soak bran in buttermilk mixed with baking soda. Set aside.
- Mix butter with applesauce, beat in sugar, molasses and egg.
- Add in Bran mixture, stir in flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Fold in
- Use an ice cream scoop to evenly divide between 10 muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 for 20 min, or until browned and set.
- I will sometimes use frozen berries, of a mixture of different berries. For a different texture, I'll stir in chopped toasted walnuts...but that increases the calories!
- Per muffin 215 calories
The Cookgumby Fort McMurray, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!