Wild Rice With Spinach And HazelnutsFrom missj9 6 years ago
- ½ cup wild rice shopping list
- ½ cup long grain brown rice shopping list
- 2 each shallots, or a good-sized leek, or shopping list
- a medium yellow onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 ½ cup (packed) fresh spinach shopping list
- hazelnuts, toasted and chopped shopping list
- butter shopping list
- sea salt and black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse wild rice. Set a medium sized saucepan full of water to boil and cook rice until tender, 30-40 minutes.
- In a separate pot, bring 1 cup water to boil and add brown rice. Cover, turn heat to low, and cook until all of the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- If rices are cooked before you are ready to assemble the dish, take care to keep them moist and warm.
- In a small saute pan, heat butter with a little bit of olive oil.
- Caramelize shallot, leek, or onion, then turn heat down slightly and add garlic.
- Cook a bit more, until the "bite" is dissipated.
- Cover and heat until spinach is wilted, just a few moments.
- Sprinkle on hazelnuts and season to taste with pepper and salt.
The Cookmissj9 Portland, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!