Chicken CassisFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds) shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp canola oil or grapeseed oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup crème de cassis (or a teaspoon of Dijon) shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Dredge them in flour, shake off the excess flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high.
- Place the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook, turning once, until both sides are golden brown and the chicken is just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Discard excess fat in the skillet.
- Add the wine and deglaze, scraping up the browned bits. Boil the wine down for half a minute, add the crème de cassis and the cream.
- Continue to boil down the mixture until it is reduced by a third. Whisk in the butter.
- Add salt and pepper and spoon over chicken breasts to serve.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
fine cuisine thanks high 5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
great 5cookingforfun in Marblehead loved it