Risotto with Mussels MidopilafoFrom alagrecque 8 years ago
- 500 gr. meat of mussels shopping list
- 20 mussels with their clam on shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 tbs ouzo shopping list
- 2 litres of meat stock (preserved warm) shopping list
- 450 gr. arborio rice shopping list
- 1 onion chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic chopped shopping list
- 1 tbs tomato puree shopping list
- 5-6 cherry tomatos cut in halves shopping list
- 2 tbs fennel (optional) shopping list
- 2 tbs anise shopping list
- 1 small spicy green pepper shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Clean the clams of the mussels using an ironbrush, wash them, remove any hair and steam them in a pot with 2 tbs of ouzo (or water). Discard any that haven’t opened and keep the rest aside.
- In a large frying pan (wok type) saute with the olive oil in medium high, the onion, garlic and green pepper.
- Add the rice, tomato puree, fennel (optionally) and anise. Saute until the rice becomes transparent (approx. 5 mins).
- Add wine and tomatoes, reduce fire and stir.
- Keep the meat stock near you and have a laddle with it. When almost all liquid is absorbed add a large laddle at a time. Keep cooking and adding laddles of stock and stirring. When there are but 2 portions of stock left, add the meat of mussels and continue cooking until our rice looks tender and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with the open mussels shels on top.
The Cookalagrecque Thessaloniki, GR
- Not added to any groups yet!