Corn And Crab ChowderFrom apriljane700 9 years ago
- 1 bunch of green onions (around 8-10) shopping list
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and grated shopping list
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 16-ounce bag of frozen corn (I like C&W, white and yellow corn) shopping list
- 1 cup 2% milk shopping list
- 1 cup half & half shopping list
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar shopping list
- 1/2 cup monterrey jack shopping list
- 16 ounces cooked crabmeat, flaked shopping list
- fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In your favorite soup pot, saute butter, green onions, and ginger for about 3 minutes.
- Add frozen corn, milk, and half & half. Stirring frequently over medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand about 10 minutes.
- *At this point you may want to puree the mixture, as much or as little as you like. I don't puree it at all, I like it chunky.
- Over medium heat, bring mixture to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly add the cheese, stirring constantly until completely melted and smooth.
- Add crabmeat, simmer about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve garnished with a few sprigs of parsley.
The Cookapriljane700 Los Angeles, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!