fish steaks braised with bell peppers olives and lemonsFrom caramia 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 lemons, halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into thin slices shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 4 8- to 9-ounce fish steaks (such as halibut or salmon; each 1 inch thick) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 12 minutes. Add garlic and stir 1 minute. Add olives, lemons, and wine and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle fish steaks with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and sauté until first side browns, about 2 minutes.
- Turn fish over. Add bell pepper mixture and juices; add parsley. Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered until fish is just opaque in center, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide fish and sauce among shallow bowls; drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- wolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔