Winging It Gingered Chicken BrothFrom divaliscious 9 years ago
- Wing tips from cutting up those chicken wings for your party or any of the unwanted chicken parts your family simply won't eat -such as the back, neck and "insides of the chicken" shopping list
- 2-3 celery stalks including "tops" which is most important, rinsed, cut up into 1" or so pieces shopping list
- 2 carrots - skins grated, cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 onion - cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger (optional) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 5 cups water shopping list
- ***********Equipment Needed: shopping list
- stock pan (2 quarts) with lid, one working stove top, extra unwanted chicken parts natch..., strainer/sieve, large bowl shopping list
How to make it
- In stock pot, place rinsed unwanted chicken parts (in this case the wing tips from all those chicken wings you made for the super bowl).
- Add all other ingredients to stock pan including water.
- Let come to a boil with lid on top, then turn down heat to low simmer.
- Tip lid, so steam can escape and let simmer for one hour at least.
- Using strainer or sieve with large bowl underneath, strain out broth stock.
- Broth/stock is now ready to use or save in fridge if using within a week or
- place strained broth into ice cube trays and freeze. Then pop out and place into baggies and store in freeze to use at a later time.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- divaliscious Dutchess County, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!