Chicken Vesuvious En PapilloteFrom otrchef 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 chicken breasts, no skin, no bone, R-T-C, halved shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes, whole, halved shopping list
- 4 ounces sliced crimini shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon butter, divided shopping list
- 2 large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill on high (or, oven to 450 degrees F).
- Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken in the pot until golden brown on all sides, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a bowl. Carefully add the potatoes to the same pot and cook until they are golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add sliced crimini and saute for 2 minutes. Add the wine and stir to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Add the broth, red pepper flakes, oregano, and thyme. Bring to a boil and reduce slightly; then remove from heat.
- Arrange chicken breast half and 1/2 of the potatoes on a sheet of foil. Top with 1/2 of the sliced crimini and drizzle with 1/2 of the wine and broth mixture. Top with a 1/2 teaspoon of butter. Fold and seal foil pouch tightly. Repeat procedure for remaining ingredients on the last sheet of foil. Place foil pouches on grill (indirect heat) or in oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until chicken is done and potatoes are soft.