Zero Points Veggie SoupFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup onions (diced) shopping list
- 1 cup celery (diced) shopping list
- 3 tbsps garlic (minced) shopping list
- 8 cups Nappa cabbage (sliced and chopped) shopping list
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 lbs mixed vegetables (frozen, I use the one that had the lima beans added to it) shopping list
- 29 ozs fire roasted tomatoes (hunts makes these and that would be 2 cans) shopping list
- 8 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme (fresh or dried) shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp allspice shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar (I used 1 packet of Splenda) shopping list
- 1 tbsp vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Over medium high heat, in a large pot add 2 tsps EVOO and the first 4 ingredients, fry for 10-15 minutes or until onions and cabbage have a nice brown color, stirring frequently to make sure you get all the little goodies off the bottom of the pot.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the frozen vegetables, tomatoes, spices and broth cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the sugar and vinegar. This does two things helps nutralize the gas of the cabbage and also the acid of the tomato.
- Enjoy - on weight watchers this is a zero point soup