Singapore Chile PrawnsFrom mystic75 6 years ago
- auce: shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 5 tablespoons tomato catsup shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 3 tablespoons sugar, or to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pounded brown preserved soya beans or dark miso (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- Prawns: shopping list
- 1 pound large, whole prawns (unshelled) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped shopping list
- 8 fresh red chilies, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 scallions, cut into finger lengths shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice shopping list
- 1 small bunch cilantro, cut into 1-inch long pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Sauce: Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Make the Prawns: Cut down the backs of the prawns and remove the black intestinal vein. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or shallow saucepan over high heat. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the chiles and stir-fry for another minute. Add the prawns and stir-fry until the shell turn slightly red, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the sauce and stir-fry until the shells turn red.
- Break the egg into the wok and, using a fork, streak the egg through the sauce (this is an important step, as the egg has to be in beautiful gold and white streaks). Simmer the sauce for a few seconds and remove from the heat. Stir in the scallions and lime juice.
- Transfer the prawns to a platter, garnish with the cilantro, and serve with chunks of French bread.
- Note: This dish is also wonderful with mussels, crabs or lobsters; or you could mix all the seafood together.
The Cookmystic75 Klang, MY
- Not added to any groups yet!