Savory Split Pea SoupFrom secretsmurf 6 years ago
- 1 lb. green split peas shopping list
- 10 - 12 cups water (some like it thicker than others, if it becomes too thick during cooking add more water until it satisfies you) shopping list
- 4 smoked chicken legs, skin and end caps removed shopping list
- 1 large carrot, diced shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic, diced shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 2 chicken boullion cubes shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- salt/pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 cup dry pastina shopping list
How to make it
- Sift through peas to make sure there are no stones.
- Dice carrots, onion, garlic and celery; sautee in olive oil til slightly tender.
- Add water, peas, boullion, bay leaf, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower to low-med heat and add chicken legs.
- Simmer for one hour.
- Remove bay leaf and chicken.
- Using two forks pull chicken meat away from bone, Discard any grizzle/small bones. Add pastina, stringy chicken chunk goodness AND BIG BONES back to soup.
- LOW LOW heat til you reach optimum thickness and/or the pastina is tender.
- Serve to awaiting foodie friends and family!
- p.s. SMELLS RIDICULOUS!!!!
The Cooksecretsmurf Oakdale, NY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!