Grilled Yucca with Coconut CreamFrom princesa9580 8 years ago
- 1 pound yucca root (cut into 4 inch sections and peel the skin) shopping list
- 1/2 pound coconut sugar (also called palm sugar) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar shopping list
- 2 pandan leaves shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup coconut cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, heat up coconut sugar, vanilla sugar, pandan leaves and water. Cook until sugar turns to a syrup, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a sauce pan, add coconut cream, rice flour and salt and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grill yucca over charcoal at medium-high heat for 20 minutes, turning occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from grill and flatten the yucca with a rolling pin. After removing the inedible center stem, place the yucca on a serving platter and pour the syrup and coconut cream on top.
The Cookprincesa9580 *******, DE
- Not added to any groups yet!