Hooters Buffalo Chicken Wings - CopycatFrom nocturnalife 6 years ago
- vegetable oil -- for frying shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup Crystal louisiana hot sauce shopping list
- dash ground pepper shopping list
- dash garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 10 chicken wing pieces shopping list
- ON THE SIDE: bleu cheese dressing & celery sticks shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne powder, and salt in small bowl.
- If the wings are frozen, defrost and dry them.
- (Separate wings at joint, discard tip. Or buy already separated)
- Put the wings in a large bowl and sprinkle the flour mixture over them, coating eachwing evenly.
- Put the wings in the refrigerator 60-90 minutes. This will help the breading to stick to the wings when fried.
- Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Heat until the butter is melted and the ingredients are well-blended
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375. You want just enough oil to cover the wings entirely -- an inch or so deep at least.
- Put all the wings in the hot oil and fry 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown.
- Remove from the oil to a paper towel to drain.
- Don't let them sit too long, because you want to serve them hot. Quickly put the wings in a large bowl.
- Add the hot sauce and stir, coating all of the wings evenly.
- Serve with bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side.
- (note: Hooter girls not included)