Chicken TetrazziniFrom ks76017 6 years ago
- 3 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/3 cup AP flour shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half (or heavy cream) shopping list
- 4 cups milk (either 2% or whole) shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 12 oz linguine or spaghetti shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- ¼ bunch flat-leaf parsley – coarsely chopped shopping list
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs (either fresh or store-bought) shopping list
- ¼ cup parmesan shopping list
- ground nutmeg shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook pasta to al dente.
- Cut chicken into cubes and cook over med-high heat till cooked through.
- Set pasta and chicken aside while you prepare the sauce.
- In a large pan or pot, melt three butter over medium heat.
- Once melted, add flour and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in milk, cream, chicken broth, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until sauce is slightly thickened (10 minutes) and whisk often. You will be rewarded with a thick sauce if you cook it the full ten minutes.
- Combine pasta, chicken, sauce, frozen peas, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Move the mixture into an oven-proof dish.
- Top casserole with breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
The Cookks76017 Arlington, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!